Monday, April 14, 2008

Projects - Scratch Boards

My students loved this! It's even cool enough for my 12 and 14 year old kids.



You will need:


1 piece of heavy, smooth paper (posterboard, piece of a manila folder or card stock computer paper)


Crayons


black or other dark color tempera paint (I get mine from the dollar store) - Optional


dish soap-Optional


Method:


Color the paper brightly by pressing down hard with the crayon. Leave no uncolored space. (with the purple butterfly, I stopped the preparation here.)


For the black ones, I made spots of different colors. Mix the tempera with a few drops of dish soap (allows it to stick to the waxy crayon surface) and paint over the entire thing. Wait for it to dry.


Use paper clips, butter knives or whatever to draw your image.

No comments: